Well, hello everyone! It’s been quite a while since I have posted here and I know that if you have read my blog posts in the past, I’m pretty bad at keeping consistent with my recipe posts. I am mostly active on Instagram, so feel free to check out all my recent recipes there. I am going through a major life makeover, I mean, shouldn’t we all have that?! None the less, you’re probably here for the food right?
While Daniel (my best friend) was making dinner, I decided to make something sweet but healthy as ****. I came up with this recipe following another recipe, but completely changing half of the ingredients. To my surprise, they came out perfect AND delicious!!
- oil free option! (just omit that coconut oil for the chocolate drizzle)
- perfect post workout treat
- protein packed
- added sugar free
- SO EASY
Flourless Banana Raspberry Protein Bars
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter powder (may sub with more oats)
- 1/2 cup protein powder of your choice (I used a superfood blend)
- 1/4 cup non dairy milk
- 1/2 cup dried bluberries
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate morsels
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- dash of salt (optional)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolates morsels, melted
- 1 tsp unrefined coconut oil
- raspberries, for topping
- Heat over 350 degrees.
- Mash the 3 bananas in a small bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except for the other 1/4 cup chocolate morsels, coconut oil, and raspberries) and mix until well combined.
- In a 9×9 or 9×13 pan, spread the mixture evenly.
- Bake them in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat dark chocolate morsels over stove stop or microwave until melted. OPTIONAL: Mix in coconut oil once chocolate has melted. Set aside.
- The bars should look golden brown. That means they are done. Allow them to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from tray and drizzle over chocolate and top with fresh raspberries. Enjoy!