This recipe was due to having a heavy laziness of standing by my stove and stirring every minute for oatmeal. Basically, I wanted to change it up a notch and let me tell ya, baked oatmeal, although time consuming, is well worth the wait. I am TELLING YA! Are you listening? Because I want you to listen for 2 seconds. Did you hear it? Oh yea, that is definitely me whispering “well worth the wait”, in the shadows dear friends. Weird, i know. I’m sorry….not sorry? LOL. It’s 3 am guys, bare with me.
There are so many ways to make this better, but due to lots of requests from my instagram, I will leave the recipe below! It’s so simple, you’re going to ask me why you even asked. It’s vegan, can be made gluten free by subbing oats with gluten free oats and it darn right food proof!
I jazzed it up with some Silk blueberry soy yogurt. Talk about really hitting the spot!
Strawberry Baked Oatmeal
- 1 cup oats, dry
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp unrefined coconut sugar
- 1 cup non dairy milk
- 2 flax eggs
- 1 1/2 tbsp agave nectar
- handful of walnuts, chopped
- 1 tbsp vegan butter (I used earth balance)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries, chopped
- Non dairy yogurt – optional
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix 1 cup oats, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, pinch of salt, and 1 tbsp coconut sugar until thoroughly combined.
- In another bowl, mix together 1 cup non dairy milk, 2 flax eggs, 1 1/2 tbsp agave nectar, 1 tbsp butter, and 1/4 tsp vanilla extract until well combined.
- In any desired greased baking dish, pour the dry mixture evenly. Add in 1/2 cup strawberries.
- Then, pour over the wet mixture, top with the rest of the strawberries and walnuts.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes.
- Optional: Mix with cold non dairy yogurt topped with a fresh strawberry!