HI THERE! 🙂 It has been quite a while since visiting my blog. I have been heavily based on instagram and school that I haven’t had much time tending to this blog. I’m attacking the goals i’ve set this year to hopefully expand this thing that I have going on! I’m learning about myself everyday while having instagram and friends to help guide me to become the person I strive to be. So, I’ve decided that this blog will only be where I post recipes, while I can be more personal and open on new projects i’m working on that will also incorporate recipes, blogging, and my other passions in life. I’m so excited this year and so grateful to be able to share it on social media for the world to see! 🙂 I’m also on tumblr, twitter, and facebook: links are at the left corner of my blog.
This can be easily made into a waffle sandwich, too!
Healthy Raspberry Caramel Banana Ice Cream Waffle
Time: 30-40 minutes
Date Caramel (for ice cream)
- 1 cup dates
- 3 tbsp water to start (may need more)
- dash of sea salt (or himalayan salt)
Raspberry Caramel Banana Ice Cream (Vegan)
- 2 frozen bananas
- splash of non dairy milk (may add more if needed)
- 2 tbsp date caramel (or as much as you’d prefer)
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- optional: 3 scoops of cultured coconut yogurt (there’s a vegan on at Trader Joe’s)
- 1 1/4 cup non dairy milk + 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or olive oil
- scant 1/4 cup of agave or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cup oat flour (just blended oats)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- big pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp flax seed meal
- Combine non dairy milk and apple cider vinegar in a cup or bowl and let set for a few minutes to activate(subbing buttermilk). Add coconut oil, maple syrup and whisk until fully combined. Set aside.
- Add dry ingredients together in another bowl, then add add the wet ingredients and mix thoroughly. The consistency should be from barely thick to thick and hard to stir.
- Set waffle iron and cook from medium to high or depending how you like your waffles.
- raw pepitas, chopped
- fresh raspberries
- raw chocolate sauce (I used Emmy Organics Raw Chocolate Sauce)
- Culture coconut yogurt (I used Trader Joe’s Vanilla Coconut Yogurt)
Once your waffle is not too hot, place on parchment paper or plate and drizzle the cultured coconut yogurt on top of the waffle.
- Place sliced banana.
- Scoop 1-2 balls of ice cream on top.
- Drizzle chocolate sauce and top with raspberries and pepitas