I made these when my sweetheart came over my house after his 10 am class. Whenever I am in the kitchen, I never know what I’m making until I start looking in the fridge. I’m sure most bloggers do this, right? Hehe, well I do it because I am currently living frugally and simply, which is what I strive to be ’til the end of my days! How about you? Anyway, this recipe is focusing on the green sauce I made, which is so easy and so “tweakable”, I’m wondering why I’m even writing a recipe! Well here it is earthlings.
|Healthy Radar: 90% healthy!
- blender or food processor
- grill or non stick pan
Ingredients (for 2 burgers):
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 tsp sriracha
- a bunch of greens (of your choice)
- 2 gardein veggie patty
- 4 slices of red onion
- just mayo
- wheat bun (I used white because it was all I had! Wheat for healthier version)
- 1/2 packet truvia
- a spoonful of love
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil (if using non-stick pan)
- 1/2 tsp salt
Directions (for sauce because I know you all know how to put together awesome burgers!):
- Grill green bell peppers until brown. If using a non-stick pan, slice into medium sized pieces, use 1 tsp EVOO and cook until brown. Season accordingly.
- Take green bell peppers off heat and place in blender with 1/2 packet of truvia or your favorite sweeetner and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Blend until smooth.
- Assemble your burger and ENJOY! 🙂
NOTE: This sauce can be used for anything! Literally. Even your oatmeal. Why not??