A few days ago I went on a trip to Santa Barbara for an annual camping trip with my family and close friends. It ended up being a bust because the site itself wasn’t too enthralling. The day before our preparation of this trip, I made cauliflower rice in hopes to eat it in abundance for our 3 day trip. Unfortunately, that didn’t turn out so great because the fridge in our camper wasn’t strong enough so my cauliflower rice. Sigh. Luckily, I was able to eat some of the sauces! Plus, I left plenty of cauliflower rice at home. Anywho, two of the sauces need more work, so i’ll be sharing the chipotle cashew sauce in the mean time! Yay!
Chipotle Pepper Sauce (V) (GF)
- 1 cup cashews
- juice from 2 limes
- 1 1/2 roasted garlic
- 3/4 cup soy milk
- 1 tsp chile powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp chipotle peppers, chopped
- Gather all ingredients and blend into a blender or food processor. For a thinner consistency, especially for the cauliflower rice, add water or more lime.
- Top with cilantro and enjoy!
Cauliflower Rice/Couscous (V) (R)
- 1 head cauliflower rice, rinsed and chopped
- 1/4 of one purple cabbage
- 2 green onions, green part only & chopped
- 3 medium carrots
- a huge handful of cilantro
- juice from 3 limes
- In a food processor, process cauliflower until it looks like the size of rice. Set aside.
- Separately food process the purple cabbage and green onions and set together with the cauliflower rice.
- Chop the green onions and cilantro.
- Mix all ingredients together and serve with lime.